4,523 Cavanagh members around the world
Cavanagh Family HistoryThe Irish name Kavanagh or Cavanagh and all of its various spellings comes from the gaelic "Caomhánach" meaning "born handsome". The first recorded "Caomhánach" was the son of Diarmuid Mac Murrough, a 1200AD King of ancient Leinster, Donal Caomhánach.
Join the conversation with the Cavanagh tribe
- Find your Cavanagh ancestor
- Tell us about your Cavanagh Family
- Tell us about your Cavanagh ancestors
- Ask a question about the Cavanagh history
- Leave a message for Cavanagh family members
Invite more Cavanagh family members!
Write an email address and click 'Invite' to share this page with more members of the Cavanagh tribe.
Family Coat of Arms Generator
Why not see what your family crest could look like based on your own family characteristics?Create Crest
Discover about where the Cavanagh live around the world
Explore where tribe members live today!